The eligibility criteria for entities and projects is outlined in the grant opportunity guidelines, click here. Please read the guidelines before submitting this EOI. For more information call the department on 132846.
Powering Communities Program
Expression of Interest for the Powering Communities Program are now open.
The Powering Communities Program offers grants between $5,000 and $12,000 to assist not-for-profit community organisations improve their energy practices and technologies. This aims to reduce energy use, improve energy productivity and reduce carbon emissions.
What type of projects may be funded?
The program funds small projects to improve energy efficiency and reduce energy use. The following projects are a guide to types of suitable projects.
- energy generation and storage projects including solar photovoltaic panels and battery storage
- new split system air conditioners to replace some older types of units
- bathroom and kitchen hot water heaters
- replacement of non-LED lighting with LED lighting
- upgrade controllers for air conditioning and lighting
- appliances including induction cooktops and commercial refrigeration
- other activities including energy audits and measuring equipment
It is recommended that you choose Clean Energy Council (CEC) approved retailers. CEC approved retailers are signatories to the CEC Solar Retailer Code of Conduct.
It is recommended that you choose suppliers and products that participate in the Solar Panel Validation Initiative. The Solar Panel Validation initiative aims to give consumers a way to check that the panels are backed by manufacturer warranties and meet Australian Standards for quality and performance. You should ask your retailer about this when you are getting a quote.
New heat pumps and solar water heaters must be listed on the Clean Energy Regulator website.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for funding your organisation must be in the Paterson electorate, and should:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
And be one of the following:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation including: incorporated associations, non-distributing co-operatives, companies limited by guarantee, indigenous not for profit corporations, religious organisations incorporated under legislation,
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents or;
- have an eligible sponsor that is an incorporated not for profit entity that may apply on your behalf as a project sponsor (and must meet all eligibility requirements).
Submit your Expression of Interest, below - Expression of Interest close Friday, 5pm on the 2nd July 2021.