At a glance
The Stronger Communities Program is now open for Expressions of Interest.
Please note this is not the formal application.
If your Expression of interest is successful you will receive an invitation to complete a full application.
This Program provides community groups, not for profits and local councils with the opportunity to apply for funding towards small capital projects that improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
This Program is delivered in consultation with the community. A selection panel will be established to assist in the consideration of all Expressions of Interest.
Nominations and applications for the Stronger Communities Programme Round 6 (SCP RD 6) open on 19 January 2021 and close 22 March 2021.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs except for local governing bodies where the grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The minimum grant amount is $2,500
- The maximum grant amount is $20,000
Local governing bodies can fund their share of eligible project costs from any other source including from state government. For local governing bodies, total Commonwealth funding for the project cannot exceed 50 per cent of the total project expenditure.
You may start your project from the date you submit your application. However, if you choose to start your project before you have an executed grant agreement, you do so at your own risk.
Who can apply
At a minimum, you must:
have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
be one of the eligible incorporated entities listed in section 4.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines (see below). Other eligibility requirements apply.
How to apply
Identify a project that will benefit your community group or organisation.
Complete the below Expression of Interest form (below) will all relevant information and documentation.
MPs are responsible for the community consultation process. In consultation with their community, each MP must identify potential applicants and projects in their electorate and invite them to apply for a grant. If your local MP invites you to apply, you will receive the link to the online application form in an email.
Please visit Stronger Communities Programme – Round 6 | business.gov.au for further information.
To be eligible you must be one of the following incorporated entities:
an incorporated not for profit organisation including:
- incorporated associations, such as
- Police and Citizen Youth Clubs
- child care centres
- surf clubs
- local aged care bodies
- Parents and Citizens, Parents and Friends groups and equivalent bodies
- local rural fire services
- local state emergency services
- non-distributing co-operatives
- companies limited by a guarantee
- indigenous not for profit corporations
- religious organisations incorporated under legislation
an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property. You will be required to provide relevant trust documents.
a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a for profit organisation
- an individual
- a partnership
- a Regional Development Australia Committee
- a university, technical college or school
- a hospital
- a Commonwealth, State or Territory government agency or body (including government business enterprises) unless listed in section 5.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines.